Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trip to the Pueblo's

This was one of my favorite places on our trip
out to Colorado.
The Ancestral Puebloans lived here for 750
years. Some are thought to have been built
in 1200's. I just find it so interesting how they
built their home in these cliffs. They were
excellent basket weavers.
John and I were able to take a tour down
to the cliff dwelling and see them up close.

Here is one of the Kiva's that we got to go down
into.
We had to climb out using rock steps
and also climbing up about 3/10 ft.
ladders.
Here is where we ended up coming out.
These are other cliff dwellings that we stopped
at. This picture was taken across the way.

1 comment:

Fox's Mom said...

Looks like you've been having fun. Beautiful pics of the west. Can't wait to graduate and move back out. I remember going to Mesa Verde when I was small. It was really cool. Remember the ladders seemed really scary back then. Of course, I was like 5 or something. Email me so I can add you to my blog. rachellaarnold@hotmail.com