Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fallen Tree

It has been raining today for most of the day.
Most of the day it has been pretty light, but
we have had some pretty good down pours,
nothing serious, till around 8:00p.m. I was
sitting here at the computer and all of a
sudden I thought I heard the wind pick up
and I thought that I better go out and get
our hammock in so the wind wouldn't get
hold of it and send it sailing. It was wet since
I didn't get it in before the rain, so I put
it on the screened in porch. Then I came
back in to work on the computer again.
Next thing I know I hear this loud boom.
So I go to investigate, thinking that it is
probably one of the chairs on the deck.
Not even!!!! One of the chairs had slide
across the deck, but it was a plastic chair
and I knew it wasn't the cause of the noise
that I had heard. So I went to investigate
more, the grill was in its place,so onto
the bedroom,I looked out the back and
everything seemed fine, then I looked
out the window on the side of the house
and I thought I saw something out the
corner of my eye. I went into the bathroom
and opened the window and there was a tree
laying up against the house. There was a big
piece of it on the ground and some on the
other side of the garage. So I called John
to tell him the good news and to see what
he wanted done. Little did I know at that
time that there was a tomahawk looking
piece of tree sticking into the roof of the
garage and it was starting to leak. I had
already call to have someone come in the
morning to cut the tree off the guttering
and house, since it didn't look like on that
side that it had done any major damage,as
far as leaking. But as I saw the tomahawk
in the roof I went into the garage and looked
at the ceiling I noticed the ceiling starting to
get wet, right about the place the tomahawk
was at. So off I went to call the handyman, and
bless his soul,he came out to put a temporary
fix till morning on it. So hopefully everything
will stay put tonight.







Looks like we have a tomahawk coming out of
our roof. The piece of tree is actually into the
roof and the roof started leaking. So a call to
the handy man to have him come out a 9:00p.m.
He's a good guy though and came out for a
temporary fix. He'll be back in the morning to
cut the tree off the house.

Here is the tree on the house above. Below
is the part that broke off, I guess, when it hit
the house along with the part out front.



Tree limbs on the ground out front. I'll get
better picture in the morning when I can
actually see what I'm taking a picture of.
Hopefully the night will be a quiet one.

1 comment:

Shumaker said...

Yikes. At least it was just a thin little tree falling instead of a huge tree that would of crushed part of the garage. Well I am glad it is getting fixed for you today. Love ya